Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Very Successful Day

I'm very happy to report that Day Two of no pill was just as successful as Day One.  If not more so.  I actually made sure to eat all of my meals, and still ended up eating only 1100 calories... which is 100 below what I should have eaten.

Once again, there were no cravings or desires to rummage through my cabinets in search of something to snack on.

I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and kinda sorta had to force myself to do that.  Had I not been focused on making sure to eat when I was supposed to, I could have easily gone all day without eating anything.

We even lost our TV and internet yesterday, which would normally cause me to stress or get super bored and then eat.  I didn't.  I read and then went swimming instead.  The kids gave me all kinds of exercise goodness by racing me and playing catch...in which I had to tread water in 8 feet of water for about 30 minutes while we played.  It's surprising how tiring it can be to just treat water while at the same time trying to catch floating toy frogs that are being thrown at me.

I can't believe how amazing I feel having accomplished two days of mindful eating, minus a pill that's supposed to help me do exactly that.  Not just pulling off mindful eating, but actually having to focus on making sure I eat and not just making sure I eat healthy.

I noticed at dinner time I still didn't feel very hungry, and that's my usual worst time of the day.  I ate a smaller plate than everyone else, and felt perfectly content when I was finished.

Swimming is another activity that can cause some hunger pangs, but even though I went swimming after dinner...right in the midst of my snack attack time... I didn't want anything to eat when I was finished.

I'm going to take my pill today...and every day this week.  I'm opting to take it around 10AM, so it will be later in the day.  The hope is that taking it later will decrease urges that fall in the late afternoon/early evening.  And also maybe provide an energy boost when I need it the most.  It's no good giving me energy first thing in the morning, when I'm already rested and ready for the day.  I need that push by midday, after I've eaten lunch and ready for a nap.

That's all I've got for today.  Another successful and happy entry.  YAY!!

Have a great Monday!

Till next time!

Joanna
a/k/a Mad, Fat Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Let me hear what's on your mind...