Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

                             

Today is weigh in day, and for the first time in eight weeks, I'm going to be reporting a gain.

I'm not surprised by it.  I kinda knew it was going to come.  

After the rocky end of the week last week, and the not so great weekend, I just knew that I had some damage to undo.  I did better than I thought I would do at undoing that damage, and Aunt Flo came to see me yesterday....so I also know that some of the weight is bloat.

Last week, I weighed in at 246.6lbs.

This week, I went up to 247lbs.

A gain of 0.4lbs.  Not the end of the world.  Not a major gain.  And, most likely not a real gain in the sense that once I lose the water weight I'm currently holding on to, it might not even be a real gain.

When I stood on the scale on Sunday, after that I had that major ordeal with Peanut, I was up to 249lbs.  So, at least I'm not still there today.  I got back down, a little.

I was going to say that I'm not going to beat myself up over such a small gain.  But, in reality, I kinda am.  Just for the simple fact that I let myself go a little... I allowed myself to get off course enough for that gain to be there.  It was my fault, and if I don't stand up and take responsibility... I won't really do anything about getting stronger at avoiding those situations.

I'm still pleased with the progress I've made, overall, but I still have a VERY long way to go.  And it's not time for me to be slacking off in the slightest.  If I don't stay firm.  Committed.  Strong.  I won't get where I need to be.

I've already majorly cleaned up my act since this weekend.  I've been eating what I should...and my only downside since Sunday is that I haven't been eating dinner until around 9PM.  

Tonight is the only night I'll be home at a reasonable hour this entire week, actually.  Tomorrow Peanut has a volleyball game, and then we have the Homecoming Bonfire.  Friday night is Homecoming, and we'll be going to that...and it will undoubtably be a late night.  

I have agreed to take the kids out for dinner Friday night before the game.  And I already know exactly where we're going:  Subway.  They can like it or not.  Subway is a place I feel safe when it comes to staying mindful with my eating.  I know that I can get out of there without being tempted in to eating something I shouldn't.  And, I can feel leaving satisfied and not as though I've just eaten rabbit food.

Alright.  That's what I've got, for now.  Not much more to say.

Except, there won't be a gain showing on the scale next week.  I can promise you that.

Till next time!

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Let me hear what's on your mind...