Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Beginning Numbers

                         

So, it's just going to be a quick one today, so that I can update and post my starting numbers for the at-work weight loss challenge thing I'm doing.

It just dawned on me that even though I did my first weigh in yesterday, I have absolutely no idea how the challenge is going to go.  I mean, I don't know if I'm going to weigh in weekly or what the rules are if we gain weight, etc.  Someone mentioned yesterday that in the past, if a person gained weight they had to pay a $1 for every pound gained... but nothing was really explained yesterday so I should really find out today.

Anywho, I weighed myself when I first got up and I weighed 250.6lbs.  Which is 2lbs down since my last weigh in on January 2nd.

At work, after drinking a couple cups of coffee, I weighed in at 255.8lbs.  But, the nurse did say that the scale tends to be about 3lbs heavier than a regular scale... so I guess I will be able to compare that after a few weigh ins.

I hate being 8lbs heavier than I was the last time I weighed in back in November.  Gaining 8lbs in two months isn't good, but I guess that's what happens when out of two months I was out of work for 5 weeks of that time.  So, it really shows that my work does give me some activity.  My doctor told me that the activity I do at work doesn't count towards getting in any exercise, because it's my regular routine.  Well, if that's the case, explain why I was losing weight while at work and gaining it while I wasn't?

Don't really answer that.  It was rhetorical.  

I know that I can't blame my weight gain solely on the fact that I was out of work so much.  

But, I am back now, and my body should start adjusting back to being on my feet all day, rather than sitting on the couch all day.

In fact, I have way too many aches and pains this morning for my liking.  It actually makes me want to get out and run all the kinks out.  Something I plan on doing today after work.  I have a training all day, so I'll be sitting all day.  I don't want another day of sitting.  I need to be up, and active, and moving.  I hate standing up and feeling tightness and pain in my legs... unless that pain comes from the fact that I've done some serious working out.

I figure after a day of listening to a speaker, I'll need to run off some energy. 

OK, that's it for me today.  Told you it was going to be quick.  I will find out all the details on the challenge and post them when I get them.  

Till next time....


 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. An instructive post. People to really know who they want to reach and why or else, they'll have no way to know what they're trying to achieve. People need to hear this and have it drilled in their brains..
    It is very importance that we are taking or just doing excise or running we should kept in mind that we take water in between it. proper water and healthy food boost our body.this is very interesting and useful blog.by this post i got very useful tips .i really would to thanks you for giving us useful information.
    Check for family and fitness tips..

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... Let me hear what's on your mind...