Friday, July 19, 2013

Ten Things Thursday!

I haven't done one of these in a while.  And I noticed my Ten Things Thursday creator did one this morning:  Draz.  So, I'm gonna do it, too.

1.  I'm going to the water park today.  Which means I'm going to be wearing my bathing suit out in public.  I've realized I just have to suck it up - or just suck it in - and do it for the sake of my kids.  I may not be comfortable with it... but I can still have a good time and not let it bother me.

2.  I ate quite a bit of Indian food yesterday.  Mostly sampling different types of vegetarian dishes.. that I don't think offer too many calories... but the think is the key word in that statement.  The food was tasty...most of it... but I probably ate more than I should have.

3.  I have been offered the chance to take boxing classes... for free!  Yep.  An old friend of mine has decided to teach some boxing classes, and if my schedule can align up I might actually do it.  

4.  I don't know why I bother trying to write blog posts like this when I'm crunched for time.  Trying to think of ten random things to share is extremely hard when I know that I have to be walking out of the door in 45 minutes...and I'm still not dressed.

5.  I haven't heard anything else from my "anonymous" friend.  Not sure if he or she saw my post or not, but if he/she did...I didn't hear about it.

6.  Oikos has started making the YUMMIEST new flavors.  Latte, Orange Creme, and Coconut are just some of the new flavors I've sampled and loved!!  I have a thing for Greek yogurt, but Oikos is taking the front running spot right now...because the flavors are to DIE FOR!

7.  I only have three more things to come up with.  Nope.  Only two because I'm using this one to say what I'm saying right now.

8.  I've been reading a lot about summer running.  I envy those people.  I have had to really fight to do any form of walking in this heat...and there are people out running 5Ks and running miles each day regardless of the heat.  One day I'll be one of those people.  Today?  I'll be one of those people that thinks I'm brave and bold for walking when it's 90+ degrees outside.

9.  I've decided to start really cutting back on carbs.  Not completely Atkins version of carb cutting, but decreasing a large portion out of my diet.  By that, I mean getting more carbs from veggies instead of bread or pasta.  I'm being conscious when planning out my meals so that I'm watching how many carbs I'm getting in...and doing my best to take out carbs when they aren't necessary.  If that even makes sense.

10.  I need to go get my butt ready.  I have done this so many times that you'd think I'd learn my lesson about trying to write posts like this when I'm in a hurry.  But it satisfied my craving for writing... and now my anxiety level has decreased.  Anxiety about being out in public in my bathing suit.  Now I'm going to get ready and not think about it again.  Until I walk out of the changing rooms.  Gulp!

Have a great Friday!!

 photo signature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. haha. I love #7. Way to spin it, girlfriend. Enjoy the water park! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..thanks. I really shouldn't write any more of these. I NEVER have enough points to talk about.

      Delete

Don't be shy... Let me hear what's on your mind...