Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Product Review? ME? OH YES!!

                                     


A few months ago, I was contacted by a representative from NAYAD active wear in regards to doing a product review on one of their custom fitted suits.  At first, I was all like... yeah right, someone wants to send me a custom made suit to review...what's the catch?

But, it was legit.  

I corresponded with a very professional and nice representative from the company that said she wanted to send me a custom fitted active suit to try out... and the only catch was to write a review.  No requirements on what it had to say, and definitely no pushed comments or feelings about it.  If I hated the suit, I could say that.  If I didn't, I could say what I did think.

So, I decided to give it a try.  Even though I'm not a huge fan of advertisements or pressured pitches, if it's weight loss or fitness related... I like to see what the companies have to offer.

Unfortunately for NAYAD, I was in the midst of moving when my suit arrived.  The last thing I was thinking  about was trying out new bathing suits... especially with how I was feeling about my weight and stuff like that.  Then, when I did move and get back in to the weight loss game, I was teaching summer school and still not thinking about writing reviews.

In fairness, though, I didn't want to write the review until I'd given the suit a  thorough try.

And now I'm ready...

So, what is NAYAD? You ask.  

Well, it's a company that makes custom fitted active wear suits.  I call them bathing suits... but they are really much more than that.  The suits are designed so that you can do all of this...

                           

Way more than a bathing suit, right?  

And, of course, if I had a body that resembled any of those women in the pictures, I'd gladly show you what my NAYAD suit looks like on me... but I don't, so I'm not going to.  

I've used it for swimming, and that's about it.  I'm still not comfortable to go out running in public in something that skimpy.  I could definitely see doing some yoga or something in it, though.

Anywho... I ordered the shorts that are in the swim picture and the top that's in the volley picture.  Both black with a pink band.  

When they first arrived, I was a little nervous about putting them on.  The material is very light, not near as heavy or thick as a bathing suit.  The bottoms were a little on the snug side, but we got that squared away by ordering a size bigger... my bad, not NAYAD's.  Just one of the reasons you have to measure yourself before ordering a suit from them.  When they say custom fit, they mean it.  No guessing allowed.

I loved the top, because unlike my other bathing suit top that lets my "girls" wobble about all over the place, the NAYAD top held them firmly in place.  It was like having a super sports bra built right in.  My girls had no chance of slipping out or causing me any issues.  That's why I know that these tops would be great for sports... because I'm a pretty big chested gal, and if the suit can hold my boobs in place they can hold anyone's.

Another thing I noticed was I don't have the rise up from the NAYAD top that I get from my other two piece bathing suit.  What I mean is, when I've been swimming for a while, the top hasn't worked it's way up around my ribs...it stays right around my midsection, keeping me covered.  That's an important aspect with me and a two-piece.  I don't mind wearing one, but if I had a body for a bikini - I'd wear that instead.  So my bathing suit can't pretend to be one while I'm swimming.  The NAYAD top doesn't do that.  

The only cons I have about the suit is that the shorts are a little too short for my liking.  But, I'm a big gal and my legs aren't exactly made for sporting shorty shorts.  For swimming in my own pool, they are just fine.  I'd even venture out in to a public pool, I suppose.. I would just feel like I'm wearing a bathing suit bottom rather than shorts.  

Overall, though, if you're someone that's looking for a versatile bathing suit that you can take from one sport to another without having to change each time... this is a perfect suit.  I'd like to think that one day I'll be able to order a suit much smaller and go for a nice run and come straight home and jump in the pool.  My body isn't ready for that yet, but there are many people out there that this would be PERFECT for.  

Also, if you're a person that hates trying on bathing suits looking for that "perfect fit", this company will hook you right up.  No more size guessing or hoping... you just send them your measurements and they make the suit to those measurements.  

While browsing their site, I was under the first impression that their suits were a little on the pricey side.  But, I'm a thrifty shopper and had no idea that some pretty basic bathing suits from big department stores were very comparable, if not more expensive than the custom suits from NAYAD.

So, my final thoughts?

A great suit.  A great company.  Worth the money.  Especially if you want a good product that's perfect for an array of activities. 

If I've perked your interest, then you must go check out their website...


If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  You know you'll get an honest answer...and if I don't know the answer, I will most definitely find out.

And that's it for today...

Till next time!

Joanna
a/k/a Mad, Fat Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Let me hear what's on your mind...